Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Firsts

I am starting to realize that the rest of my life is going to be filled with celebrating Jacob's "firsts". Right now, however, I'm feeling even more full of them than usual.

Today's Firsts:
  • After two days of seemingly endless determination, he got his thumb squarely in his mouth and started vigorously sucking.
  • When I laid him in his crib, his eyes locked on the moving mobile for the first time - he was entranced!
  • His first crib nap! Two hours and counting...
This Week's Firsts:
  • First subway ride!
  • First cab ride!
  • First social visit to Manhattan!
  • First babysitter!
  • First nursing at a restaurant!
Some of those are just as much a first for me as for him - I'm excited to finally be reentering the world and starting to explore what life is like with a baby beyond just my apartment and immediate neighborhood.

Jacob's first taxi

Jacob's first subway ride

No comments:

Post a Comment