Thursday, May 28, 2009

What a difference 11 days make...

Here is a video from Jacob's first day in the great big world...



And here is a video from tonight...


He is getting so big! (Cliche parent alert) Every day he is doing something new! Today it was grasping his hands in front of his face and petting his cheek and my chest. Also, BIG NEWS, he is finally getting the hang of this whole breastfeeding/sucking thing! I am delighted, as I was worried he would never catch on and I would be pumping eight times a day for the next 12 months...but it looks like he is starting to transition to the breast and away from the bottle. Don't get me wrong, he can still do a number on a bottle, but we are at least moving in the right direction.

We went to the doctor for a follow-up today, and the doctor said, "This is a cute baby", which we already knew, and then he said, "This is a healthy baby", which we were delighted to hear. Yay for Jacob!

5 comments:

  1. hahahahaha!!! in the first video he kinda looks like Tom Yorke!!! But in the second vid hes looks so yummy and wobbly and soft and soooooo cute! I bet he smells awesome. If work gets better this year, expect a visit before Christmas. Love you! Also, expect something in the mail....

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's looking great! Soooo cute! Glad you guys are home, and I hope you stay awhile this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute AND healthy? Wow, you two have it made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one getting rumbled on...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome! wow, they do wake up to the world fast, don't they. how exciting!

    ReplyDelete